Women's Health & Pregnancy
Women's Health refers to comprehensive women’s health care as well as health issues that are unique to women, including:
- Conditions of the Female Organs
Be sure to get early and regular prenatal care to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. You should also get recommended breast cancer, cervical cancer, and bone density screenings.
Our goal is to ensure the health and readiness of all women at every stage of life.
Women's Health Services
Women’s Health Services are provided by 2 board-certified Family Medicine physicians. Services include:
- Contraceptive Services: prescription of birth control pills & the Nuva ring; administration of Depo Provera injections, and placement/removal of IUDs and Nexplanons. (Vasectomy is available for male partners.)
- Diagnosis of pregnancy, initial medication & lab management as well as referral to 48 MDG (RAF Lakenheath) or to off-base facilities for pregnancy care. **Please note that we are not equipped to manage pregnancy care at this facility.
- Diagnosis and management of concerns related to your period/menstruation & breast-related concerns
- Comprehensive well woman exams including Screening for breast & cervical cancers (PAP smears, HPV testing)
- Gardasil Vaccine (immunization to help protect against HPV – the virus associated with causing cervical cancer)
Your Family Medicine team is also here to help with your other general and preventative medical concerns (infections, not feeling well, fatigue, mental health concerns, musculoskeletal complaints, and routine health screenings). We also offer Walk-in Contraceptive Services
on Thursdays from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
TRICARE Covered Services
TRICARE covers well-woman exams annually for women under age 65 with no cost-share or copayment. TRICARE offers coverage for many women’s health services, including:
For women who are age 65 and older and using TRICARE For Life, you can still get women’s preventive screenings. Get more information about these and other TRICARE covered services at: https://tricare.mil/coveredservices/isitcovered/.